QuarterLife Ventures

A twenty-something nurse, runner, and world traveler.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Secret Harbour

One of my favorite things about living here so far is where we live. We live at a marina. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but it appears that people with sail boats come here, dock their boat, and utilize the marina for food, drinks, showers, and apparently yoga, as I stumbled across yesterday.

View off of our balcony!
Our "neighborhood":
http://www.secretharbourgrenada.com/index.php#cont

I love waking up to this view. Monday morning I woke up very early, went running with another SO (significant other as we are referred to on campus), and sat at the marina drinking coffee and writing. *BLISS*

So now that I have explained where we live, I will try my best to recap the past week. Our first few days were spent trying to navigate our neighborhood (we walk A LOT), learn the bus system, signed up for cell phone service (I think we visited the LIME tent on campus about 15 times this week), lost Pats phone, walked eight miles in the middle of a parade (more on that later..) went to the beach, attended a few of the orientation seminars on campus, bought Pat a new phone, and met some awesome, new people.


Grand Anse Beach- at one point this was the 7th best beach in the world.



1 comment:

  1. Whale, you live in a lovely place. And I wanted to let you know that there are Spanish Ads on your blog....The one I see is for chocolate frosted flakes...in Spanish...awesome.

    ReplyDelete