QuarterLife Ventures

A twenty-something nurse, runner, and world traveler.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Patience

Grenada's only Highway: Maurice Bishop Highway
As I said in my last post, I can't believe we've already been here 10 days, but at the same time somehow it feels like much longer. Maybe that is because it takes twice as long to get anything done. Going to the bank took us two full hours this morning. That includes walking to the bus stop, taking the bus as far as it will get us, walking the rest of the way to the bank, waiting in line, processing our transfers (which also seems to take twice as long..) and waiting on the bus to take Pat back to school and me back home. This is how our week has gone. We wait for things to happen, to get processed and now that Pat's in school, I wait to see him at the end of the day. This will probably be the hardest wait for me. I am learning to be patient.

In a way, the long waits can be a blessing as they do make the day go by faster. For example, if Pat is at school for 6 hours at least it takes me about half that time to go the grocery store and back. Which is what I will attempt to do right now all by myself for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment